How to File a Unemployment Insurance Claim
The Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) has A Guide to Unemployment Insurance which provides information on:
- Claimant’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Understanding Unemployment Insurance
- How Your Benefits are Determined
- Direct Deposit
- Help Finding a Job
There are two ways to file and to manage an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim: use the UI Online self-service system or call the UI Teleclaims Center.
- Use the UI Online self-service system at http://www.mass.gov/dua
Online help includes an information pamphlet, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and user guides. The UI Teleclaims Center also provides support at 877-626-6800.
- Call the UI Teleclaims Center at 877-626-6800
Weekly UI Benefits can be claimed by:
Career Opportunities provides the following services to assist Unemployment Insurance claimants:
- An information package about Unemployment Insurance and how to file a claim. For a copy, visit Career Opportunities.
- Two workshops for people who wish to use the online self-service system:
- UI Online Navigation – Filing Your Claim
Learn how to navigate the UI Online self-service system in order to file your claim.
- UI Online Navigation – Managing Your Claim
Learn how to navigate the UI Online self-service system to re-open your claim, request your weekly benefit, add dependents, review/edit personal information and verify account and payment information.
To register for the workshops, call 508-771-5627 or visit Career Opportunities.